We advise artists, musicians, composers, copywriters, authors, photographers, designers, actors, models, as well as media, publishing, production and distribution companies of different sizes in all matters relating to German and international copyright and ancillary copyright law. This is the way it should be.
We do, however, offer more. Our lawyers are highly specialised experts who closely work together with companies in the media, film and music industry. You might already know us from former co-operation. You may have read scientific publications written by one of or lawyers, you may have participated in our seminars or you may have heard about us in the mass media.
Should this be the first time that you have heard about us, you will get to know us as a reliable legal partner who will help you achieve your goal. We may as well appeal to you because of our profile and practice areas, which your network of experts does not yet cover.
Among our practice areas you will find the following:
- drafting and revising licensing contracts, contractual agreements, as well as book publishing contracts, edition contracts and publishing administration agreements, including drafting contracts for the production of sound storage media, film bases and data processing media (transfer agreements for artists and bands, distribution agreements, performance agreements, live performance agreements);
- general media law, including publishing law, law of the press, internet, music, film, television and events, as well as drafting agreements for film and television productions (screenwriter contracts, product placement agreements, producer contracts);
- management contracts, agency contracts, promotion agreements, media cooperation agreements and merchandising agreements;
- protection of domain names, trademarks and trade names, hosting, access-, service- and content providing as well as liability in the internet, especially liability for one’s own contents and contents of third parties, as well as linking liability;
- software and database law (mobile commerce, MMS, Digital Rights Management, i.e. administration of DRM systems, technical protective measures such as access control systems, copy protection systems for audio-CDs, DVDs, film and multimedia DVDs, and other data storage media;
- negotiating on behalf of authors with production and distribution companies;
- assisting production and distribution companies at negotiations with authors;
- examining and evaluating works in the areas of design and art as far as copyright issues are concerned (also linguistic, sound and picture works)
- rights clearance and acquisition, litigation;
- national and international management of rights;
- usability checks;
- out-of-court dispute resolution and litigation in all copyright matters, (including interim injunction and international legal relations).